What we do
Harold Park – A Lawyer’s Story of a Mysterious House
Harold Park, situated in the London Borough of Havering, holding the postcode of RM3, is based in the North-Eastern part of Harold Wood. Situated between the A12, as well as the River Ingrebourne, the area still retains a very rural feel, although it is situated in an outer London borough, and is actually part of the greater Harold Wood area. The story of how Harold Park came about is a very interesting one. Story goes that in 1868, a wealthy Brentwood lawyer built himself a very large mansion south of the river, which was named Harold Court. After he filed for bankruptcy, the house served for various different purposes such as children’s home, a sanatorium and even a lunatic asylum. In 1959, it was used as a teacher training college and currently is used as a block of flats. Harold Court Primary School opened in 1929 and a little bit of urbanisation came into the area, as industrial development came further in. Harold Park sits in the Parliamentary Constituency of Hornchurch and Upminster. Its nearest transport links are Upminster tube station that is served by the district line, as well as Brentwood station.