What we do
Exploring Tile Cross
One can see a cross shown on the 1725 map of Henry Beighton of the Warwickshire area, at Tylers Cross at the junction of Cooks Lane and Tile Cross Road. The tiles were presumably made with the use of local clay, thus the name of the area. It is speculated that once a stone cross or a so called market cross may have once stood in the area. The modern district today stands in Birmingham right on the boundary with Marston Green and Chelmsley Wood, an area built up right after the end of WW2 and largely to the west of the original Tile Cross Road. Places worth visiting include Babbs Mill, Sheldon Hall, The Bell Inn and St Peter’s Church.